Quotations are used for creating offers to your current, as well as new customers, allowing you to attach various objects and information to them. The quotation will usually include a number of product use lines, these are edited in the Lines tab.
When the quotation is accepted you may create a new task, and you may decide that to do with the product use lines that are associated with the quotation.
The details page for a quotation shows the usual 3-columns list of information. Below that are a number of buttons:
- Save as PDF: This will save or email the quotation as a PDF
- Edit: Allows you to edit the quotation
- Accepted by customer: Mark the quotation as accepted by the customer, see below
- Rejected by customer: Mark the quotation as rejected by the customer
- Delete: Delete the quotation
- To search: Go back to the quotation search
- Apply update filter: Apply an update filter, just like many other places in Microbizz
A quotation may include a number of product use lines. When the quotation is accepted you will be asked what to do with the lines:
- Invoice: This will create a new invoice and will treat the product use a invoice lines
- Add to task price: This will increase the task price by the price of the product use
- Task product use: This will add the product use to the task
- Do nothing:
Lines that are marked as subscriptions will always be converted to subscriptions. Any files attached to the quotation may be copied to a folder on the task; this is setup in the Settings.