It is possible to "carry" equipment in Microbizz by picking it up and setting it down. Doing this can affect the equipment location.
Picking up equipment
When someone picks up equipment, the following will happen:
- The equipment will lose its current location.
- If the equipment is considered "individual equipment", other "individual equipment" carried by the user will be set down.
- If the equipment has parts, these parts will also be considered picked up by the user.
- If the user is checked in on a task then the invoice clock will be started.
- The GPS-location of the equipment will from this point be reported the same as the GPS-location of the user who picked up the equipment.
Setting down equipment
When equipment is set down, the following will happen:
- If the user is checked in on a CRM object or a task, the equipments current location will be updated to that location.
- If the invoice clock is running, and the tool group has a product number, then an invoice line will be generated.
- If the equipment has parts, these parts will also be considered having been set down.
- The GPS-location of the equipment will be updated to the users current position. If the user does not report GPS position, then the GPS-location will not be updated.
When creating equipment, the equipment can be configured to be "individual" by checking the appropriate checkbox:
A user is only allowed to carry one piece of individual equipment at a time.
This can for example be used for heavy machinery, to ensure that a user by accident isn't using (having picked up) two pieces of machinery at the same time, which can be especially important if the equipment is invoicing the task.